Skype Toolbar for Outlook 18.104.22.168
Author: Skype Technologies
Operation System: Windows 2K/XP
Size: 3.86 MB
Skype Toolbar for Outlook brings all your Skype and MS Outlook contacts together in one handy place. That means you will be able to call Skype contacts who email you, make SkypeOut calls to your Outlook contacts who aren’t on Skype yet… all through the toolbar
You’ll be able to call phone numbers and Skype Names written in emails, start instant message conversations to follow up emails, see when your Outlook contacts are online, and add a Skype Me button (for others to click to call you) to your email signature.
Please close Outlook and any other Skype applications before you do. When you restart Outlook, authorize SKYPEOBE when prompted. Then give the toolbar a few minutes to warm up and collect information about your Skype contacts.
For best results you will need to match your outlook contacts against your Skype contacts using the tools provided.
· The Skype Toolbar works with versions of Outlook from 2000 onwards on both Windows XP and Windows 2000, but you won’t be able to use the toolbar if you are using Outlook Express.
What's New in This Release:
· The graphical layout of the toolbar is now much more like the Skype client itself.
· There are quite a few new options, to let you configure how the toolbar should work. You can for example toggle on and off if the toolbar should analyze the message body of an email. If you have it on, the toolbar will let you interact with the senders and co-recipients of an email through starting Skype calls or chats.
· The toolbar can now interact also with the Outlook Calendar, giving you the option to automatically change your online status when scheduled for a meeting.
· As before, the toolbar can add signatures to your emails, but now you can also select the color and the size of your Skype Me signature.
· Unicode support — now the toolbar fully supports also asian languages such as Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
· known issue: Installation sometimes fails, with one or more of the components not registered correctly.
· known issue: The calendar integration is quite new and switched off by default. It allows you to see online status of all meeting attendees, which can be quite useful. However, if you are the only person in the meeting, the toolbar displays that 0(0) attendees are online. This is not very useful information and will be fixed in future versions.
· known issue: The export contacts feature sometimes does not give the expected results. No data is corrupted in any way, though!
· known issue: Not all phrases are translated to all the 13 supported languages, yet. If a phrase is not available in the selected language the toolbar will display the text in English instead.