Panorado Applet 2.1
Author: Karl Maloszek - Simple Software
Operation System: Windows
Size: 29.7 KB
Panorado is a Java applet which lets you view panoramic images within a HTML document. This applies to web based documents from remote servers as well as documents from local storage.
A variety of panoramic viewers are currently being offered - mostly on the Internet.
Unlike some other viewers, Panorado is...
· platform-independent and executable on all browsers supporting Java 1.1 .
· extremely simple and small (about 12 kB).
· fast when rendering images. No spherical distortion or anti-aliasing is performed which would be time-consuming in Java. This allows significantly smoother movements on larger pictures.
· scalable at runtime.
· designed for displaying JPEG files which is the usual format for photographic images on the Internet. It doesn't require any further parameter files (e.g. IVR) or splitting of image files (like Quicktime).
· suited for any image file on any accessible folder of your web server or local storage media.
· prepared for displaying an optional compass scale.
· customizable concerning its appearance while loading images
Like most other viewers, Panorado supports...
· panning the field of view using keyboard or mouse input (click & drag). Panorado supports 2 different modes of mouse interaction.
· zooming (in & out) the field of view using keyboard or mouse input.
· passing parameters from the HTML environment.
· methods for controlling the applet from the HTML environment ("Dynamic HTML")