Snappy Fax 188.8.131.52
Author: John Taylor & Associates
Operation System: Windows All
License: Trial , 19.99 $ to buy
Size: 17.4 MB
Snappy Fax descriptionSnappy Fax - send and Receive Faxes from your computer, use your scanner for faxingSnappy Fax (SF) is a full-featured fax document management system. It allows you to store previously sent faxes that can be retrieved on demand, annotated, and processed again. You can resend the entire document, or send one or more pages without the need for re-transmitting the entire document. Annotation capabilities allow you to “mark up” a document and send it back to the original sender for review. SF stores all fax images sent or received and by whatever method (virtual fax, inline email or email attachment, or web fax) in its local database for later retrieval.
Version 3 of SF introduces true “Fax Broadcasting” capability. Any document can be captured in a Queue and saved for sending at a later time, either on demand or at a predetermined date and time. You can also have queued faxes sent repeatedly to any number of recipients at specified intervals. For example, a restaurant may want to establish a fax database of menu “flyers” that can be faxed to a number of business establishments on the first day of each week. With SF, this can be done very easily and with custom cover pages if desired.
Version 3 also introduces the concept of “Web Fax”. This is a very efficient method of distributing a fax document for viewing by numerous individuals. If you have ftp access to a web site, you can use SF to send a fax image to a predetermined web address and then notify any number of “recipients” via email of its existence so they can view it with their web browser.
Previous versions of SF included the ability to forward a received fax to an email ccount, however, its functionality was very limited. Version 3 expands on this to allow faxes received to be forwarded to any number of email addresses, regular fax machines or forwarded as “web faxes”. The forwarding criteria can be set to apply for a predetermined time so that there is no need to indicate
the forwarding parameters or recipients each time you run snappy fax.
Snappy Fax now filters unwanted faxes to reduce the volume of unwanted junk faxes you receive. The filter can be set to accept faxes from the filter numbers or to reject all faxes from the numbers in the filter list.
A full-featured cover page designer is included along with sample cover page templates that you can use as is or you can modify them in any way you want to produce the cover page you like. You can also include your company logo on the cover page if desired.
Here are some key features of "Snappy Fax":
· Faxes can be sent from any Windows program
· Receive faxes directly to your PC
· Supports acquiring images from your scanner for faxing
* Supports flat-bed or auto-sheet fed scanners
* Compatible with all Twain compliant scanners
· Fax Queueing (broadcasting) - faxes may be queued to send at a specific date, time and frequency or to send on-demand. Great for sending out that weekly newsletter or other publication.
· Support sending fax images via email
* Send as an email attachment
* Send as an inline email image
· Automatic forwarding of incoming faxes to either another fax machine, or any number of email addresses
· Filtering of unwanted incoming junk faxes.
· "Capture mode" allows you to capture images from different windows applications and send as one multi-page fax in a single transmission.
· Automatically generate ready-to-fax images of Word or Excel documents or documents from other applications that support the "printto" command line directive
· Fax images can be printed automatically (incoming) or printed at any time on-demand (outgoing and incoming)
· Supports saving of fax images in PDF Format
· Fax images can be sent to a website for viewing with a web browser.
· Supports sending and receiving faxes to other Snappy Fax users via email, ftp or local area network
· You can easily resend a fax without re-entering any information. The entire fax or just specific pages can be sent.
· Includes Address Book which supports Importing from Outlook contacts
· Includes extensive set of tools to annotate (markup) fax images.
· Image manipulation tools included:
* Rotate image
* Despeckle Image (remove "dust")
* Deskew (Straighten) image
* Cut page from multi-page image
* Rearrange page order
* Zoom, Pan and Magnify modes
· Optional Optical Character Recognition module can produce editable text from fax image. Includes "live" spell checking and numerous dictionaries.
· Includes address book with ability to import from Outlook Contacts or from tab or comma-delimited text files
· Doubles as a client to Snappy Fax Network Server
· Integrated full featured cover page designer with preview
* Supports Word Documents as cover page templates
* Comes with nine cover templates already constructed and ready for use
· Customizable data grids that can be sorted or filtered on any column.
· Built-in "Live Update" for software updates
· Fax Report listings
· Pentium class PC
· 64mb ram minimum, 128mb or more recommended
· 20mb disk space (actual space requirments will depend on fax volume)
· Fax Capable modem
· Scanner (optional, if you want to scan paper documents for faxing)
· All of our software is free to use for 30 days so that you can evaluate its suitability for your use, it is not limited in any way during that period. Please take advantage of the free trial period before registering. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions during your evaluation.